Terms & Conditions
J&T Express (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd (hereinafter refer to “J&T Malaysia”) reserves the rights to amend the terms and conditions from time to time. Customers will be notified of any amendments via announcement on J&T Malaysia’s website or mobile application.
Terms & Conditions - Services & Deliveries
1. Delivery Packaging
The sender shall be responsible for the proper packaging of goods, labelling and intact packaging, in line with the safety requirements and in accordance with the courier standards to go through the transportation process to ensure the safety of goods. J&T Malaysia will not be liable for any damages or losses that are caused by packaging problems and/or will not be liable for any damages or losses whatsoever without physical and actual proofs.
2. Package/Content Statement
Senders must advise on the actual value and description of package(s) and/or content(s). J&T Malaysia shall not be responsible for any claim or freight charges or any other costs for any false, misleading, illegal, incomplete and/or complex statement or claim that the declared value is inconsistent with the actual value of the sent items. Senders shall indemnify and hold J&T Malaysia harmless from any loss or damages arising out of senders’ breach of the above representations and free from any legal liability arising from senders’ failures to comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
3. Important Documents Deliveries
Posting of original and/or official documents, including but not limited to the following important documents:
(a) MyKad; (b) Passport; (c) Birth certificate/marriage certificate; (d) Cheque book; (e) Quit rent & assessment; (f) Academic certificate; (g) Agreements and legal documents or other important documents will be delivered at risks borne solely by the senders.
The senders shall not purchase insurance coverage for the delivery of important and/or original documents. J&T Malaysia shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for the lost and/or damage of any original and/or official documents.
4. Prohibited Items
J&T Malaysia disclaims the postage of any dangerous or restricted items or any items prohibited by J&T Malaysia or the relevant authorities. Please refer to www.jtexpress.my for the list of dangerous and prohibited items (including but not limited to bodies or parts of bodies, bodies of animals or animals, drugs, weapons, ammunition, combustible items, high-value artworks, money, metals, high value jewelleries) before shipping. J&T Malaysia has the rights but is not obliged to inspect the content of parcel(s) and reserves the right to refuse deliveries if it finds or discovers any dangerous or prohibited items in the contents of the package(s) and/or part of it.
J&T Malaysia will not entertain and/or be accountable for any subsequent charges, fines or compensation which may be incurred if the declaration of item is deemed false, incomplete, dubious or contradictory to the declaration made by the sender before shipping, whether directly or indirectly. J&T Malaysia reserves the right to amend or change the classes of goods or items which are categorised as Dangerous Goods or Prohibited Items at any time without prior notice.
J&T Malaysia is not liable for any claims in damages, lost and/or delay of shipment if the item is deferred, detained, withheld, returned to sender, or was not processed because it contains or consists of dangerous goods or prohibited postings, regardless of whether the item was intentionally or unintentionally sent by the sender or received by J&T Malaysia.
5. Exception in Posting Prohibited Items
Posting of any dangerous goods and/or prohibited items would only be allowed if all the necessary or required approvals, permissions and clearances have been obtained from all relevant authorities and the posting of the dangerous goods and/or prohibited items have been declared and accompanied with all original supporting documents evidencing the said approval, permission and clearance (Example: Declaration Form for dangerous goods and prohibited items). The sender is responsible to ensure that the posting is accompanied with complete supporting documents. J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any claim for the refund of postage fees, claim for loss, damage and/or lost or any other loss directly or indirectly in the event that the said items have been posted or has been received to be posted intentionally or unintentionally.
6. Determination of Shipping Charges and Limitations
Dimensional weight is determined by using J&T Malaysia volumetric standard’s:
The results of the calculation will be converted into kilograms (KG) and compared to the actual weight of the actual package. Shipping charges will be based on the total actual weight or the total dimensional weight, whichever is higher.
Land freight parcel: (i) Longest side must not more than 150cm; (ii) Length + Width + Height must not more than 300cm; (iii) Actual weight must not more than 70kg
Air freight parcel: (i) Length & Width & Height must not more than 90cm*90cm*90cm: (ii) Actual weight must not more than 35kg
7. Sender's Responsibility
The sender is responsible for all posted items, including but not limited to, liquids, creams, lotions, or cosmetics that may be at risk of rupture, as well as easily perishable food and/or any other forms of food that may be harmful to other items. J&T Malaysia is not responsible for any costs of posting, direct or indirect damages or lost, regardless of whether the item was intentionally or unintentionally sent by the customer or received by J&T Malaysia. The sender is also responsible for any fraudulent/ fragile and valuable items including but not limited to watches and glass items sent. J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any direct or indirect costs and/or damages or lost on the aforesaid items if the appearance/ surface of the package or label is not damaged.
The customer who purchase the insurance recommended by J&T Malaysia must completely and accurately declare the contents and value of the insured item. J&T Malaysia will not be responsible for the insurance claim if the contents and value of the item conflict with the declared value. Any damage or loss to the content or part of the item insured by the insurance shall be limited to any value determined by the insurance or by the insurer. The insurance coverage does not include any direct or indirect costs incurred as a result of the delay.
9. Delivery Guarantees
Provided that the recipient's address is being complete and accurate, J&T Malaysia will ensure the item is delivered in accordance with the delivery time efficiency standard. J&T Malaysia is only responsible for delivery to the recipient's address written on the waybill. If the receiver has no further objection upon receiving of item, the item is considered successfully delivered. J&T Malaysia will not be responsible for any loss and/or damages afterwards. In the event if the recipient was not in the premise to receive the delivered item upon courier arrives, the item will be kept at J&T Malaysia branch for a certain period determined by J&T Malaysia. More details can be referred to our website www.jtexpress.my. The period to keep the unclaimed item is deemed as storage period. J&T Malaysia will make two (2) attempts to deliver the said item to recipient or recipient may collect the item from J&T Malaysia branch within storage period. The item will be returned to the sender after storage period. Any costs of direct or indirect damages or lost to the item or its contents arising during storage period is not the responsibility of J&T Malaysia.
10. External factors
J&T Malaysia shall not be responsible for damages resulting from natural disasters (force majeure events) or events beyond J&T Malaysia's control. For example:
(a) Natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes and floods;
(b) Out of control situations such as war, embargo, aircraft crashes or flight technical problems;
(c) A fire or robbery occurred at the J&T Malaysia office premises, although the company has taken appropriate safety control measures.
(d) Item which has been seized or detained by the custom or relevant authorities, whereby the sender or the recipient shall be responsible for any tax, duty or penalty which has been imposed by the custom or the relevant authorities.
(e) Online scam and/or any other scamming or deceiving activities conducted where J&T Malaysia is used to provide delivery service.
J&T Malaysia will not act as the representative for the sender or the recipient in any dealings with the custom or any relevant authorities that detained or seized the shipped items.
11. Liability Exemptions
J&T Malaysia shall not be liable for any of the following events, but not limited to: any form of indirect loss, consequential damages, other indirect costs, loss of contract opportunities, loss of profits or income or cost incurred by delays, damage or loss of content or part of content, regardless of whether J&T Malaysia has the knowledge of the content during drop off or caused by J&T Malaysia’s negligence.
12. Damage / Parcels Lost Claims
Claim on damage/lost to the parcel or its content can only be claimed by the customer or the representative who has been authorised in writing by the customer. The claim application together with required physical and effective proof and any other necessary documents for damages or lost must be completely filled up and submitted within 48 hours upon receiving of the items. The required documents include (a) Application form (b) Copy of bank account statement (c) Copy of the consignment bill (d) Original tax invoice to verify actual price of the content (e) Tax invoice of consignment bill (if have) (f) Identity card of applicant which has been certified true copy or a copy of business registration certificate (SSM) if the claimant is a business entity (g) Insurance claim form and documents required by insurance company (for insured items) (h) Any other required supporting documents, and submitted to the nearest J&T Malaysia branch or email to customer service centre of J&T Malaysia at [email protected]
J&T Malaysia will not compensate the claim requested by either party if the claim is not filed within the required 48 hours period or submitted incomplete required documents. J&T Malaysia reserves the right to refuse any claim if the complainant is unable to verify or unable to provide sufficient evidence that the damage/lost occurred under J&T Malaysia 's control. The compensation/claim is only limited to clause 13.
Insured items will only be able to claim insurance with completely comply to terms and conditions of insurance company.
13. Limited Liability
Excluding the Clause 3, 4, 5, 7, 10 and 11 stated in this Terms and Conditions, J&T Malaysia shall only be liable for the direct losses for damaged or lost items, but is limited to the following:
- The actual amount of loss or damage based on the actual value of the contents as stated on purchase invoice of damaged or lost items or a maximum of RM100, whichever is lower, for each consignment note with contents weighing below 2 kg;
- The actual amount of loss or damages is based on the actual value of the content as stated on purchase invoice of damaged or lost items or a maximum of RM300, whichever is lower, for each consignment note with contents weighing 2 kg or above;
The amount of the compensation value for second-hand item and/or used goods shall be based on the lowest price in the market value, or a maximum of RM100, whichever is lower, for each consignment note with contents weighing below 2kg; whilst for each consignment note with contents weighing 2kg and above, the amount of the compensation value for second-hand item and/or used goods shall be based on the lowest price in the market value, or a maximum of RM300, whichever is lower.
The customer be advised to insure their item with insurance if the total value of item exceeded the limit of compensation covered by J&T Malaysia. The customer shall proceed their claim through insurance if they have insured their items and the above clause 13 (a) and (b) shall not be applicable for insured items.
14. If one of the above terms and condition is void, it does not preclude the other terms which contained in this terms and condition to be void. All the rules are subjected to the subject matter of the above terms and condition. J&T Malaysia reserves the rights to use the regulation and general terms and conditions which have been approved by J&T Malaysia even though it is not specified in this terms and condition. Please visit www.jtexpress.my for additional details of the terms and conditions.
15. The delivery status can be tracked and traced via www.jtexpress.my and/or by contacting the hotline number: 1300-80-9000 & 03-92129660. Any inquiries regarding the delivered items must be made within 30 days from the date of delivery.
Unless qualified above mentioned terms and conditions, J&T Malaysia is not obligating to any lawsuit and any other legal proceedings.
The customer is deemed to acknowledge and agreed to accept above mentioned terms and conditions upon he/she is using delivery services provided by J&T Malaysia.
Terms & Conditions - Contest & Campaigns
These general terms and conditions for J&T Express Malaysia shall apply together with the specific terms and conditions set out in each campaign by J&T Express. In the event of conflict or discrepancy between these general terms and conditions and the specific terms and conditions for a particular campaign, the latter shall prevail.
1. By participating in a campaign, the participant conclusively agrees to be bound by the terms herein and all other relevant terms and conditions governing the use of any J&T Express Malaysia services in relation to the campaign.
2. Unless otherwise stated, all campaigns organized by J&T Express Malaysia; referred to as "J&T Express and/or JNT Express and/or JT Express."
3. J&T Express Malaysia reserves the right to cancel or amend the campaign at any time and without prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation or amendment to the campaign by J&T Express Malaysia shall not entitle the participant to any claim or compensation against/from J&T Express Malaysia for any loss or damage suffered by the participant (regardless of the cause of action) as a direct or indirect result of the aforementioned cancellation or amendment to the campaign. The participant agrees not to knowingly damage or cause interruption to the campaign and/or prevent others from entering a campaign.
4. The participant warrants that the entries do not misrepresent an association or connection to some person, brand or thing that it does not actually have, and is not defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, objectionable with respect to race, religion, creed, national origin, gender or sexual preference, or is otherwise inappropriate or unfit for publication.
5. Where the entry submitted by the participant contains third party intellectual property rights, the participant shall ensure that the participant has obtained the relevant license or ownership for the same from the relevant intellectual property rights owner and the participant shall ensure that the entries do not otherwise infringe any third party 's intellectual property rights.
6. J&T Express Malaysia shall not in any way be liable for any such infringement and the participant shall indemnify and keep J&T Express Malaysia and its associated companies, directors, employees, and/or agents harmless from such claims.
7. J&T Express Malaysia and its associated companies, directors, employees and/or agents shall not be liable for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorized access to campaign entries, or campaign entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, telecommunication malfunction, technical issues, virus, bugs or other courier services and typical services error causes beyond J&T Express Malaysia's control.
8. All claims for prizes must be made in the manner stipulated in the specific campaign terms and conditions. J&T Express Malaysia reserves the right to cancel/withdraw/amend prizes at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
9. All prizes are non-transferable and are not exchangeable for cash. Per prize winning is only eligible per genuine submission.
10. J&T Express Malaysia's decision in relation to the prize winner shall be final and binding.
11. In the event of any dispute regarding a campaign, the rules governing the campaign, conduct, results, prizes and all other matters relating to a campaign, J&T Express Malaysia's decision shall be final and binding on the campaign's participants and no correspondence or discussion shall be entertained.
12. The prize winner agrees that he/she will bear any applicable taxes, insurance and other expenses that may be applicable in relation to the prize, except where otherwise stated in the terms and conditions for a specific campaign.
13. J&T Express Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify participants and/or revoke the
prize (at any stage of the campaign) if:
a. The participants are ineligible or does not meet any of the eligibility criteria; or
b. The participant breaches of the Terms and Conditions or other rules and regulations of
the campaign or violated any applicable laws or regulations; or
c. In J&T Express ’s sole determination, it believes that the participant has attempted to
undermine the operation of the campaign by fraud, cheating or deception.
14. In the event of a disqualification after the prize has been awarded, J&T Express reserves the right to demand for the return of the prize or payment of its value from the ineligible participant.
15. Whilst J&T Express will endeavor to conduct necessary verifications on the eligibility
of contestants, failure to disqualify any ineligible participants shall not be deemed a breach by J&T Express.
16. J&T Express Malaysia shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including without limitation loss of income, profits or goodwill, direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties) howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with a campaign, even if J&T Express Malaysia has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance, and all such damages are expressly excluded.
17. By participating in a campaign, the participant (and the participant's parent/legal guardian, where the participant is minor)irrevocably agrees to release and hold harmless J&T Express Malaysia and its associate companies, directors, employees, advisors and/or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the campaign and/or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or travel to or from any prize-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
18. Employees of the company, the contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons involved are not eligible to participate and win contests organized J&T Express Malaysia.
19. J&T Express Malaysia shall not be responsible for incidents of virus attacks and/or any other malicious software infection to a Participant's mobile phone or device arising as a result of participating in a campaign.
20. J&T Express Malaysia does not warrant that a campaign shall be uninterrupted and/or error free.
21. By participating in the campaign, the participant hereby acknowledges and irrevocably agrees that J&T Express Malaysia shall not in any manner be liable for any interruption and/or error relating to or arising from the campaign.
22. J&T Express Malaysia and any of its trademarks, service marks, symbols, and captions are trademarks of J&T Express Malaysia and/or its associated companies. Where relevant, third parties' product and service names profiled in a campaign are trademarks and service marks of their respective companies. Nothing contained herein or in the campaign shall be construed as conferring a license of J&T Express Malaysia or the said third parties' intellectual property rights to the participant or any other party.
23. Where relevant, a campaign may make reference to a third party's product and/or service. Nothing shall be construed as J&T Express Malaysia endorsing the use of any third parties' product or service by the participant and the use thereof shall be at the participant's own risk and J&T Express Malaysia shall not be liable for the same.
24. The participant hereby irrevocably agrees and gives consent to J&T Express Malaysia to use the information or publish any related matter connected to the entries including and not limited to the participant's name, and photographs for current and future advertising and promotional purposes, without additional consideration and limitation in time or territory and in any media. Where a participant's entry(ies) for a campaign contains data belonging to a third party, the participant shall obtain consent of the third party prior to submission of entry(ies). Unless otherwise stated, all entries of the campaign shall become the property of J&T Express Malaysia.
These general terms and conditions for J&T Express Malaysia campaigns and the specific terms and conditions set out in each campaign shall be governed by Malaysian law and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.