Main Duties and Responsibilities: -
- Handle and assist in procurement activities including but not limited to purchases, sourcing and issue PO.
- Manage and handle quotations, examine bids, negotiate and make awards.
- Prepares and/or reviews bid requests and negotiates within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Makes tactical buying decision. Consult and get approval before the supplier is awarded the Purchase Order.
- Manage supplier to price, delivery and quality expectations and escalates when appropriate.
- Expedites delivery of goods or services to users.
- Interfaces with suppliers to secure both delivery and the best market price.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Management and maintenance of the vendor list, identify and source new vendor.
- Coordinate vendor prequalification activities. Provide professional support and assist external vendors during pre-qualification process.
- Conduct pre-qualification due diligence as per the company policy including but not limited to conflicts, financial viability, anti-bribery risk or red flags, operational stability, prior / current litigation, IT security and data privacy capabilities, disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities. Rank prospective vendors and identify any possible issues or concerns.
- Ensure compliance of all Procurement process according to Company Policy.
- Participate with business partners in onboarding selected vendors and conducting contract "kick-off" reviews to ensure that all parties are aware of contract obligations and performance expectations.
- Weekly update & review of inventory status, supply & demand requirements, order health to ensure sufficient material supply and optimum inventory holding.
- Monthly material packaging and distribution.
- Inventory holding cost optimization through improvement activities.
- Handle and manage custom clearance and compliance.
- Work closely with Administration and Finance department on fixed asset management.
- Any ad-hoc task which is required by the management.
Job Requirements: -
- Candidate must possess at least a Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Statistics or equivalent .
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- At least 2 years working experiences in related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with an aptitude for figures.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team environment
- Excellent in follow up and detailed oriented.
- Planning & organizing skills.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent sourcing skills oriented to pre-award activities such as vendor pre-qualification, solicitation requirements development, solicitation evaluation criteria development, and risk identification and mitigation through contractual protections.
- Understanding of vendor management principles and practices
- Good spoken & written in English, Mandarin & Bahasa.
- Applicant must be willing to work in Bercham, Ipoh.
Interested candidate please email your resume (including all qualifications, details on previous work experience, current and expected salaries) together with a recent photograph to email@example.com
We regret only shortlisted candidate will be notified.